23 May 2012

Just What I Need

To quote my husband, "Oh, great, that's just what you need..... another project!"
That is after I dug out my only ball of yarn, (meant to go on art quilts), and my only crochet hook.

Recently, I attended a baby shower and saw an adorable crocheted blanket with the popcorn stitch in it. It took me back to the 1970's when I crocheted my own purses using the popcorn stitch. OMG!
I wanted to crochet again.

Of course, following Attic 24's blog and Amy's blog don't help me much. They are always creating something new with their hooks and yarn. So I can't be the only one left behind.
Then there is my Aunt Alma who just died three months after her 100th birthday... the crochet queen of the universe. Her work was so intricate and lovely. And there is Mom who used to crochet just about anything you could ever want. She "says" she cannot crochet any more because her hands hurt. (Personally, I think she just wants to dig in her garden instead.)

So it's up to me to carry on the tradition.
As you can tell, it is going to take a LOT of work to get me up to speed.
My first project is going to be a poncho. I love crocheted ponchos. Then I want to crochet a 1970's version of that popcorn stitch bag I used to make.... along with my macrame too. Oh dear, I need another lifetime to do all of this.
Jack says the KING size quilt HAS to be completed first. (Okay, Honey. Whatever you say!)

Uh huh! Sure.


Practice. Practice. Practice!!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG.....you are crocheting! You go girl!! I can't wait to see the finished project!!