15 May 2012

The Things We Do For Love

I'm not a music fan, but every now and again a song will start rolling around in my head.
I have no clue how I get into doing some of the things I do, but once examined, my reasons seem to go to "love". I'm not speaking of the "in love" kind of love, but the love of family and friends.
So as I have been recently called to do sewing alterations, this song is in my head. I didn't even remember the name of the group who sings it so why do I know the tune and words to the song?

My son-in-law, Joseph, is in the process of having a stem cell transplant (or bone marrow transplant). He is in need of some altered shirts so the catheter can be accessed by his medical staff. He doesn't want to spend his time in the isolation room wearing a hospital gown. Who could blame him? So I got some shirts at the Good Will and have been cutting them up.
I have no clue what I'm doing, but I figure, "what the heck?!"
"Mikey" will try anything so so can I.


Then my BFF, Eileen, is the Mother of the Bride come next Monday. She has a stunning gown to wear but it needed altering. Of course, "Mikey" will do it! So I marked and pinned and ripped and sewed. Now this is true love because I even had to sew straps onto her strapless bra! Hey, what are friends for, right?


I told her if I would have seen the price tag BEFORE I started cutting up her dress, I would have said NO WAY! It turned out perfect so we are still friends!



3 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Sewing angel's are hard to find.
:-) X X X

Terrie said...

You're mighty in every needle work. Nothing is hard to you. Wish Joseph speedy recovery in a fit form soon.

Terrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.