12 June 2012

Stranger Than Fiction

One of these days, I think I'll write a book. The subject will be the strange things that keep me awake at night. Seriously, I can toss and turn and throw my covers around for the darndest reasons. Last night it was an Ed Sullivan T.V. Show guest who appeared like 48 times on his show. For those of you who are old enough to remember, this guest is SeƱor Wences, the ventriloquist.
I found him on YouTube:


This is the stuff that entertained us way back when!

So what kept me awake, you ask?? That dang face in the box for one! I kept hearing, "S'awright" going through my head. Then I was sure Senior Wences had a totally different name. I had it all figured out and it was something like 5 syllables with 17 letters and I laid awake trying to spell it for my YouTube search this morning. Uh huh.

If I had an ounce of intelligence, I would have written it down on paper and gone back to sleep. But it seems that once I put my book down and my head hits the pillow, all my smarts just drift away.


1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

OH NO :-) I'm not old enough :-) :-) :-)