12 August 2012

Ways to Count the Years

It is amazing how different events can trigger the fact that another complete year has flown by. I don't mean just counting by birthdays, but by events like our annual River Art Walk.
Each year, in the heat of the August month, we celebrate artists. I love this event. It sits along the Rogue River in Shady Cove and the artists and local organizations set up booths.
I get to see folks I haven't seen in awhile and catch up on their lives. Jack and I discuss what we like about a particular piece of art or photo or something handmade. Yes, we usually walk away with something that we have purchased.
Mainly, it is a good time for us to be together and not in any particular hurry. . . just enjoying the day, the art, each other and the fact that yes, another year has stacked up behind us.


Here are Jack and Rick waiting for Carol and me to hurry along. We had to stop and talk to the vendors, you know how that goes.


And by the way, it is Jack's birthday today too.





1 comment:

Terrie said...

Belated birthday wishes to Jack. Having such art booths and walk along the river is a culture activity. I come back to your last year's post of the River Art Walk. I really love the atmosphere. A great place for artists to expose and interact.