02 November 2012

Strange First Thought

I was headed out to volunteer at the middle school in the government class today and I stopped to feed the horse. I decided to jog to the horse stall and I slipped on the wet, mossy cement footing around the shop. I went down like a sack of bricks and my head hit the cement and I heard my skull crack. Seriously, a crack.
I laid there and my first thought was, "Oh man, Jack is going to kill me!"
Then I laid still and did a mental check....my eyes were working, no blood...oh wait, I had to find my glasses to confirm that!
I went on with my volunteer work and held an ice pack over my knot in between each speaker.
The kids were amazing. They were to support a presidential candidate and give reasons, support an issue and give reasons, or speak to the candidates with advice.
They had courage to speak about issues that are not easy to speak about but their passion came through and I'm glad I was able to be there.

So long story short, my head still hurts, I hurt my wrist and I'm a bit sore but everything else seems okay. 

Lesson Learned: I'm nearly 66 years old, I need to be more cautious!!!




No comments: