07 February 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


A blogging friend of mine, Terrie, just awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award! I don't think I've ever been connected to the word "stylish" in my life until now.
This is a fun way to look into other blogs and learn about folks all around the globe. There are some rules with this award:

Post linking back to the person that gave you the award.
(Terrie's blog is amazing. She lives in Hong Kong and is crafty beyond words. Her photos are beautiful and we get to see a glimpse of the world where she lives through the lens of her camera. Check her blog out by clicking above on her name in blue.)


Share 7 random things about yourself.
1) I AM random!
2) I am a grandmother of 5 awesome grandkids...(of course!) One girl and four boys from 4-15 years old.
3) I have been married to Jack for nearly 42 years. WOW! That means only I could ever put up with him and only he could put up with me. We are a strange couple but madly in love after all this time.
4) I am drawn to clouds. I guess I better start painting some of them!
5) Ever since my trip to France, I am constantly thinking about returning. I speak in French in my dreams and in my daydreams....with a limited vocabulary!
6) I hate television, I'd like to boot our right over the cliff but Jack enjoys it and he enjoys having me sit in the living room at least an hour to "be with him". I've noticed how he now plays movies when I'm in there.....longer than an hour! That bum!
7) I love British humor. BBC is my favorite. I know this thanks to streaming Netflix.

Award 15 recently discovered bloggers
Drop them a note, and tell them about it.

1. Amy - the one responsible for getting me to blog. I followed hers for ages before starting one of my own. She is a homeschooling mom in Virginia, scrapbooking queen, and very creative.
2. Kalba - a blog I stumbled upon when looking for places in the French Pyrenees. Her blog is filled with photos of her area in France and a major remodeling of a soon to be B&B. (Yes, it is on my list of places to visit.)
3. Midge - someone led me to this fun blog. She lives in England, makes adorable teddy bears, is surrounded by pets and lives in an ancient cottage. Again, her photos of England are remarkable.
4. Lucy - If you want to wake up to bright colors of warm yarn, this is the site for you. She is a young mom in England, a different part than Midge so we get a totally different view. You need to look at some of her photos to see the colors that she surrounds her family in.
5. Anne - lives in Newfoundland. What a woman. In my next life, I want to be like her. She hooks original rugs that are a reflection of her home.
6. Kate - Kate is a prior student at our middle school. She married when I was in France. We have kept in touch via snail-mail, e-mail, Facebook and through her blog. Her hubby is in the Airforce so peek in on her blog because she has flown to Korea to be with him for awhile. She is such a sweetie and her photos are fun and many of them are worthy of a photo contest.
7. Michael - I discovered this blog through an artist friend, Wechoyot, on Facebook. I love the way this man writes. I want to spend a day inside his head...it must be better than any wild amusement park ride! Since I don't have a cell phone for Twitter, I can't even notify him that I have bestowed this honor upon him!
8) Meg - My sister's pen name, I guess. I had to twist her arm and leg to get her to start a blog. Now I look forward to the days when she posts snippits of her world for all of us to see.
9. Susan - An amazing, award-winning quilter. If you are into quilting, you must check out Susan's blog. She will be teaching at the Houston International Quilt Show this year! She is the one who led me to the Sketchbook Challenge.
10. Marcie - My nephew's wife has had her blog for a long time. I love when she posts something new. She is very creative and her scrapbooking is amazing. I've noticed since she became a mommy, scrapbooking has taken a backseat. Hmmmmm, how can that be?!
11. Clare - according to her, she is an English woman living in France. To me, she is a tiny link to the Dordogne region that I fell in love with. Not only that, but she is a quilter! Her words are strung together in a way that will bring smiles to the reader so check her out!
12. Leeann - shares amazing photos of France that just sucks me right in every time. I look forward to her posts as they help add to my dreams.
13. Leah - a quilter. She has started a project where she is coming up with a new quilting pattern for every day. If you love machine quilting, you'll enjoy this site and the information within.
14. Alisa - if you love crafts and good tutorials on how to make them, this is the site for you. I don't want to work away from home any more just so I can have time to try some of her ideas.
15. SatoriaList - is a fun blog if you are into fashions. The photos are taken in Paris (this is how I found this blog...I was looking into French fashions)....and other major cities. The comparisons are fun to see from one city to the next.

So these are some of the blogs I follow - some are new and some I've been following for a long time. In my opinion, they are all worthy of sharing. Take time and visit and tell them Sandee says "hello"!

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Thank you Sandee, I accept :-) x x x

Terriea Kwong said...

Thanks Sandee for your sweet comments. You're very detailed in putting a brief intro. of each recommended blogger. I should have done it before. Good to view their blogs and follow.