24 January 2009

#13 Jack's Recipes

Okay, here it is...the part about "Be careful for what you ask for...." For the most part, these are Jack's recipes. Starting with the ones he cut out and had me make for him, to those he cut out for him or me to make, to the ones I say, "OMG, not another recipe....I can't even look at it." But he MAKES me look at it and if he can convince me, it goes into this pregnant binder.
I put the ruler there so the exact magnitude of the book would show through.
Heck, we could go 5 years using this book and never make the same meal twice! I did that once - went an entire year and never made the same meal twice, then I shared the recipes with friends who wanted to cut back on meat.
Now, I have to confess, although this is organized, I rather relaxed my standards as I saw how Jack was with the food section of the newspaper and his scissors! I started with trimming the recipes and putting them onto white pages. Now, I just file the recipe in the correct section of the book and to heck with pasting it down!
He thinks it's fun when we pull out a recipe and make it; I think it's fun when we pull out a recipe, make it and it was horrible so I get to get rid of the recipe!

1 comment:

Meg said...

How cool is that? Jack has a great awareness of flavor & texture and health when it comes to food...Seems natural that he's cooking. And the food is always yummy when we visit!

You're welcome anytiime and if Jack brings his book I'll let him loose in my kitchen!

Love you both! me(g)