26 November 2009

#328 Thankful Thanksgiving


When you awaken to something like this, it is a given that you are thankful! And I truly am.
I'm thankful for my mom. She is the best of the best.
I'm thankful for Jack for continuing to bear patience with me.
I'm thankful for Danette and Kari and their precious families - they fill my life.
I'm thankful for Ina; a better sister does not exist.
I'm thankful for my entire family, somehow, as weird as we all are, we come together when the times call for the gatherings.
I'm thankful for Jack's family and for the caring heart of his sister, Jan.
I'm thankful for my friends: Sandy, Judy, Eileen, Kim, Vicki, Sharon, Carol, Janice, Lori, Carmen and Jan.
I'm thankful for the sweet young friends I have who have passed through the SCMS and through my life, namely Kate, Kaytee, Gerald, Brooklyn and Kristin.
I'm thankful for my newly found friends/family in Virginia and North Carolina.
I'm thankful for my job.
Lastly, I'm thankful for the solitude that today is going to bring Jack and me. We are on our mountaintop home alone today and yet, we are surrounded by love and beauty no matter what direction we look. (Okay, unless I'm looking in the mirror!) We are fortunate to say the least and wealthy beyond measure.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
(Sorry if I got a little mushy...it was the sunrise that did it to me!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow....what a gorgeous sunrise!! Sounds like y'all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day!