04 November 2010

Capris Sun Fashion Show

478 empty Capri Sun packets and we had a fashion show! I had to fire my photographer because most of the photos turned out blurry. (Don't worry, she's my best friend and I didn't pay her anything to begin with!)
I gathered them from the kids, cut the bottoms open and rinsed them out, then air dried them for awhile and tossed them in my dryer.
Then I sewed them together in various forms. (Yes I had to growl and grumble my way through some of the items because these aren't the most flexible things to work with!)
Then... let the fashion show begin:

 The school supplies brigage...
 The Sisterhood of the Traveling Capri Sun Bag...
 The lunch bag...
 The fashion bugs....
(I had a nice group photo I posted here but remembered I had to block out the kids' I.D. so I deleted the photo.)
It was fun - the kids enjoyed it - I'm done. Well, sort of. I have 200 more packets that need to be turned into items for the kids. I'll continue to collect them throughout the school year and see how I feel about sewing things up!
Sadly, our school isn't large enough to make money on recycling the packets. So they will just go to the landfill and never, ever go away. What a legacy we are leaving behind. (sigh)

2 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

How nice to see the sort of eco-friendly activities. GREAT.

Soggibottom said...

Thanks Sandee, I'm sure everyone had fun at the fashion show. I had fun looking at the pics. :-) x x x