02 February 2009

#22 Diving for Treasure

Okay, I mentioned before that my job encompasses a wide variety of duties. One of them, is a task I have taken upon myself....to help make us a more GREEN school. That is the duty of diving for cans and now water bottles which all carry a bankroll of 5 cents each for our school! I have organized can/bottle drives....three a year, actually. We usually make about $200 with each drive. In between those can drives, I make at a minimum, $20 just from digging through the trash. Yes, it is a bit gross, but hey.....I just can't let it go to the dump! Here was one trash can from school......I think I earned 15 cents from this "dive" alone! Friends, do not be concerned, I have not taken to walking the highway and the ditches (yet).!!!!






1 comment:

Tammy Folk said...

This is cool....wish there were more dedicated people out there willing to do this....good for you....