14 February 2009

#34 This is the House That Jack Built - Part 1

I thought it might be fun to show you where I spend most of my time outside of work - my home. Jack built our house from 1991-1993. He is a cabinet maker and loves working in oak and does finish work. Framing a house was all new to him. I walk through our home daily and feel like I won the lottery! (And indeed, I did....almost 40 years ago!)
So, here is our living room. Facing SE so we get the solar benefit as we used a passive solar design when building.
And this is the North view....Yes, those are freeway guardrails out the window! I'll explain that in a later blog. Notice Jack's flat screen t.v.....guys and their toys!
Jack also did the rock work for the hearth. He has done a lot more since then and has become quite the rock artist!

No comments: