28 August 2010

Birds of Prey

Looking over my photos from this summer, I was fortunate enough to be able to see numerous birds of prey. I had my camera with me just twice, the rest are photographed in my mind.

This young guy was on a telephone pole in Wenatchee at the railroad tracks. He was screaming and screaming as if he were afraid to fly away into the wind. Jan and I watched him for quite awhile. My zoom worked great considering I didn't have a tripod to hold steady.
Osprey


This guy showed up during a backyard birthday party for Pat n Ray's grandson. He just perched right over us and watched us have fun.
Bald Eagle
OMg! I didn't consider that these birds aren't all around the globe. I do take things for granted, don't I? Sorry, Midge. So now you know what they are. ;o)

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Sorry Sandee, I don't know what he is.... I know we don't have them here. :-) x x x

Jeannette said...

Hi there, just wanted to say I have read 4 or 5 of your posts and you have a nice blog. I especially enjoyed your profile description.
Enjoy it all...
^
abientot!