22 September 2011

Talk Like a Pirate

Tuesday was Talk Like a Pirate Day at our local library. The official day was Monday but our library is only open three half-days a week and Monday isn't one of those days. Since I am the new president of the Friends of the Library for our branch, I figured I best play the role even though I can't talk like a pirate no matter how hard I try! I managed "scurvy dogs" and "walk the plank" and "aaaarrrrrgh!" and that was about the extent of my pirate vocabulary.


There were games, activities, scavenger hunts, refreshments, prizes and just plain fun. My favorite was this "I SPY" game where they had to find objects in this "Pirates' Cove".

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, aren't you just the coolest-looking pirate ever! You give Johnny Depp a run for his money. LOL