03 April 2010

Bird Crazy

Janice and I have been friends for 56 years, (Yikes!) I've always known she is crazy as a loon and if nothing else, this posting should prove it. She makes these cool birds out of gift wrap ribbon. She tried to teach me once but as soon as I got home, I forgot how to do it. How in the heck can she do this anyway?
These were in the mail for me. They are to add to the top of a gift package, stick into a house plant or just about anything you can think of. Thanks, Jan!


Omg...I just found the link on how to make these birds, thanks to June's comment, I went looking for it! Check it out HERE.

3 comments:

June said...

I was absolutely astounded when I saw the photo of the birds. I once made birds just like those, when I was a teen in WV. I had a girlfriend named Barbara who taught me how to make them. We used a type of plastic that was heavier than the ribbon - and cut the body of the bird and wove it into strips. The art of these birds have been around for a long time. I am 76 yrs old.
June in Cinccinnati

Sandee said...

Hey, June, now that you mention it, I remember a bird like this that my mom wore on her jacket and it was made out of something heavier than ribbon as well. Thanks for joggling my memory!

uwanna said...

christian louboutin shoes

ghd Straightener

christian louboutin

Copper clad aluminum busbar
Copper clad stell
Copper clad aluminum

fitness shoe
fitness shoes
mbt shoes
fitness shoe
fitness shoes
mbt shoes

timberland boot
timberland shoes
timberland boots
timberland

timberland boot
timberland shoes
timberland boots
timberland

ghd hair straighteners
hair straighteners
straighteners hair
ghd straighteners
straightener hair
ghd hair

ghd hair straighteners
hair straighteners
straighteners hair
ghd straighteners
straightener hair
ghd hair

ray ban sunglasses
sunglasses oakley
oakley sunglasses
sunglass

ray ban sunglasses
sunglasses oakley
oakley sunglasses
sunglass