03 April 2010

Bird Crazy

Janice and I have been friends for 56 years, (Yikes!) I've always known she is crazy as a loon and if nothing else, this posting should prove it. She makes these cool birds out of gift wrap ribbon. She tried to teach me once but as soon as I got home, I forgot how to do it. How in the heck can she do this anyway?
These were in the mail for me. They are to add to the top of a gift package, stick into a house plant or just about anything you can think of. Thanks, Jan!


Omg...I just found the link on how to make these birds, thanks to June's comment, I went looking for it! Check it out HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was absolutely astounded when I saw the photo of the birds. I once made birds just like those, when I was a teen in WV. I had a girlfriend named Barbara who taught me how to make them. We used a type of plastic that was heavier than the ribbon - and cut the body of the bird and wove it into strips. The art of these birds have been around for a long time. I am 76 yrs old.
June in Cinccinnati

Sandee said...

Hey, June, now that you mention it, I remember a bird like this that my mom wore on her jacket and it was made out of something heavier than ribbon as well. Thanks for joggling my memory!