19 April 2010

Mystery Solved

I know now why girls play with dolls when they are young. Being a product of the 40's / 50's, I always thought it was because of some inborn need to mother. I know this is not necessarily true. In fact, it may be to prepare those of us with hubbies/partners/loved ones, etc... for the possible day that we need to help dress those whom we love so much.
Yup, Jack's back blew out, (for lack of a better term). The poor guy had to call me at work today and say, "Sandee come home, I can't move." I was in the midst of administering state tests to a group of 24 kids so I had to finish up the testing then pass all my duties over to someone else.
I swear, putting socks on someone else with a bad back must be one of the hardest thing to do. I hate to pull too hard or tweak a foot the wrong way - and I've done that before. Socks off - easier. Socks on - not so easy.
Then I put his sweats on backwards and had to start over.
Note to self: give him pain pills prior to administering socks!

3 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Ah Sandee, good job it was only his socks. x x x poor guy.

Norma said...

Hi,
The fremch word for today is very apporiate, nurse. I know you are a very good nurse because you care for others.
Instinct takes hold and you do the rest out of love.
Get well quick Jack, sorry you'r hurting.
Love-------Mom

limpingalong said...

Sorry to hear about his back problems! Backs can really makes us miserable.

I love the quilt fabric you got and the squares you made!