24 October 2010

'Been Busy Sewing

....sewing Capri Sun packets! I have an assortment to show off at our school assembly this coming week. I will make a few more 3-ring binder covers as I know the kids will like those and maybe some more pencil pouches. I was just trying to save the landfill but at the rate the kids drink this stuff, I don't think all my spare time could make packets into usable stuff! At least they will see what they could do with them.
I have here tote bags, a diaper bag, a clutch purse, some wallets, a book cover, a binder cover, a bow tie (huge one so a teacher can wear it like a clown!), a coffee cup insulator, a skirt....yes, I said skirt! It's for our secretary to wear...she has pink or orange shoes she is going to wear with it! Too cute. I am going to make a belt also so I'll have a few more items to show off come Friday. I really wanted to wrap it all up today, but I'm ready to quit for the day.



2 comments:

Amy said...

OMG....you can make ME a tote bag for my knitting! I had one similar to this that Clay got from Frito Lay....made out of chip bags. I loved it, but wore it out....it got holes worn in the corners from so much use that I finally had to throw it away.

Terriea Kwong said...

This is fantastic for making the recycle practical stuff. The drinks company must got some promotion on this for people carrying the brands everywhere. haha....