30 June 2010

Art in the Library

Our Friends of the Library sponsor Art in the Library every 3 months. This month was extra special because the kids who have paintings hanging were invited to attend the artists' reception with their families.


Artist, Bob Falkner, chatting with guests.

Of course, I had to bake some goodies to take along just in case a ton of kids showed up. (They didn't, but the cookies were a success just the same.) I enjoy being a part of the local community even though I don't live directly in the town, I do volunteer a lot.

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Cookies look really good. I would have loved to have seen some of the art displayed, you might have had to watch me carefully at the cookie table though. x x x

Terriea Kwong said...

It's good to have kids works displayed and really encouraging to them. Cookies yummy....